Fix Windows Error Code 10 Device Cannot Start
Windows users often come across system errors and error code 10 device cannot start is kind of common error in device manager. You may receive following error on the screen.
“This device is either not present, not working properly, or does not have all the drivers installed. (Code 10)”
If there is no error then one of the following may be the condition:
- Blank Screen.
b. Frozen Cursor.
c. Blue Screen.
d. Unexpected system restart.
These and other common system errors occur when device driver is missing, device drive is malfunctioning or device driver files are DLS Soft incomplete. In some cases problem could be fixed simply by updating the device driver.
- Click on Start button and select Settings.
2. Go to Control Panel.
3. Choose System icon.
4. Right click on it and select Properties.
5. Then select Hardware tab and move to Device Manager button.
6. Identify the faulty hardware device and right click on it.
7. Select Update Driver.
8. Follow the instructions.
In Windows based computers, system errors occur because of:
-When there are device driver conflicts.
– Malfunctioning hardware.
– Corrupted Windows registry.
– Damaged software files.
– Virus infection.
In order to fix Windows error code 10 and other system errors, please follow the steps given.
- First of all you should keep your OS, device drivers and other software applications updates with latest hot fixes.
2. Run a regular virus scan on your computer to keep it free from errors.
3. Do not open the unknown attachments containing dubious websites.
4. Be careful while download Active-X controls from websites.
5. Clean your Windows registry with reliable registry cleaner and PC optimizer software.