Gallbladder Diet – Prevent Formation of Gallbladder Stones
Gallbladder is a small organ which is a part of the bile production process and it helps in digestion of food which contains fat. Bile is secreted in liver and it is transmitted to the intestine for the digestion of food. Gall bladder stones are mostly made up of cholesterol and it blocks the passage of bile which results in pain in abdomen, pain in chest and indigestion. If precautions are not taken gallbladder stones can cause Francostone inflammation and infections which can damage the gall bladder permanently. In US half a million undergo Cholecystectomy – the process of removal of gall bladder every year and many suffer from Cholecystitis – the condition in which the gallbladder is inflamed. Cholecystitis is common in pregnant women and sometimes it happens when a person tries to lose weight.
A gall bladder diet is essential to prevent the formation of gallbladder stones. Since the stones are mostly made up of cholesterol, it is advised to take a diet low in cholesterol. People suffering from obesity should reduce intake of diet rich in fat but should not try to lose weight in short time.
The diet recommended for gall bladder’s health is the diet containing a good amount of fibers such as fresh fruits and vegetables. A high fiber diet helps in easing out the process of bowel movement. It includes whole grains such as brown rice or cereals. Beans, lean meat and chicken can be taken. A high amount of Omega 3 should be taken.
Food items which should be avoided/included in diet are
- Milk, ice creams, beans, eggs and saturated fats should be avoided. Dairy products rich in fat should be avoided and non fat milk or cheese can be taken.
- Regular use of butter, ice cream and cheeses should be avoided and processed food containing oil or fat such as high fat crackers, processed cakes, donuts, pies and cookies should not be included in diet.
- Use of refined sugar should be reduced.Refined sugar is mostly found in soft drinks and certain packaged drinks.
- Avoid junk food and oily deep fried items.
- Grapefruits, oranges and chicken should be avoided.